Saturday, August 4, 2007

The Winger - Online Dance Community


So this post is not my normal lengthy rant on ballet…it’s actually an announcement.

As of yesterday, I am a contributor to the online dance community and blog The Winger (thewinger.com). I requested to be a contributor a while ago and when I hadn’t heard back I started this blog instead. It turns out that the founder/editor was busy dancing with New York City Ballet that whole time, so everything just came together recently.

I will still be updating this blog regularly because I get carried away sometimes and there are some things I still want to say but don’t necessarily think the entire dance world cares about. Basically I’ll be posting here and then giving a more concise version of my thoughts on The Winger.

I’m pretty excited about it though because it gives a lot more visibility to my writing. I’m also listed next to some really important people: dancers from the major companies, famous choreographers, and the dance editor of a magazine.

Who knows where blogging can take you?

No comments: