Sunday, October 21, 2007

casual update on some things

After a full weekend of Nutcracker rehearsals in Connecticut I don't have the time or energy to write all I have to say about a bunch of different things...so this quick update will have to suffice:

-Bloch video Friday went well. It wasn't all that big of a thing, but I guess it was fun.

-Nutcracker rehearsals are going okay...I missed last weekend so this weekend was a bit rough for various reasons...as usual, not going into detail, but I'm amazed at certain aspects of the dance world and how things get by...

-I wrote a letter to the editor of Dance Spirit Magazine in response to their September issue on college vs. dance, and they printed it! Go pick up the November issue and turn to the Dear DS section...my blurb is there! (Only, the part about Ajkun Ballet Theater is no longer valid...)

-Last week a new iphone commercial debuted on national tv starring Kristin Sloan, founder of The Winger, the other dance blog I contribute to. In kind of a joint advertisement for the iphone and The Winger, we got 24 times the amount of normal page views in one day! It's unbelievable...

On that note, she has also started a new social networking site for the dance community...www.the-inter-mission.com . Go join it immediately and friend me! It's a great extension of the discourse on dance...

-I have midterms this week, so I am crazy stressed with work and such.

-Many of my friends and classmates are performing in a benefit show this Wednesday at John Jay College. If you're around, get tickets now! I wish them all the best of luck and will be cheering in the audience.

More to come later this week...

No comments: