Sunday, October 7, 2007

long weekend

This has been a super long weekend...and technically it's not even over since tomorrow is Columbus Day!

Our performance Friday night at NDG went well. Pretty big crowd for the relatively small space we were in. My Dad came down for the afternoon to watch, so that was nice.

I spent the rest of the weekend in Connecticut rehearsing for Nutcracker. We had 2 verrrry long sets of rehearsals over Saturday/Sunday, but it was really good. I finally finished learning all the choreography for Waltz of the Flowers and it's starting to mesh and make sense as a full dance. It's nice to arrive at that state of comfort after mind-racking rehearsals trying to catch up to people who already know it all.

The way we work in these rehearsals is very different from any way I've worked in the past. The director goes through steps extremely meticulously, explaining each detail thoroughly where many people would simply ignore or oversee. It takes a long time to finally get through a sequence, but once we do it's all "cleaned up" right away. It's an interesting method that I'm not used to but I'm starting to really appreciate. It's equally as challenging mentally as it is physically, which adds an interesting layer that, being an avid student, I like.

Anyways I'm exhausted tonight from the long bus ride, etc, but I'm going to try to post more often since I've been slacking off a bit (other stuff has come up as you know).

OH ONE MORE THING: As far as the internship thing goes...I ended up taking the job that they offered me right on the spot at Quick and Simple Magazine. I started there last Thursday and I think it's going to be a really great experience. The people seem really nice, and I get my own little desk and everything! I'll post more about that as I get into the swing of it :)

No comments: