Monday, December 3, 2007

career day?

Today I gave a dance/dance criticism "lecture" at this high school I was asked to visit. In case you missed the back story, my huge senior thesis project is on dance journalism and one of my professors at MMC also teaches at this high school and asked me to visit them and "inspire" them with all I'm doing. Yeah.

It was actually kind of fun! I felt like it was career day back when I was in middle school, but this time I was the "adult" in the room. Strange, haha. Not many of them were interested in the journalism part, even though I brought a stack of dance magazines and press kits and my writing and stuff. But they were interested in my stories about ballet and Nutcracker and such, and they asked lots of questions.

They even applauded my answer to the question, "Is there anything you would change about your dancing experiences in the past? Or anything you regret?" Someday soon I'll write a detailed answer to that important question on here, since it has come up a lot lately. No time right now though.

I had (ballet) class and lunch (yes, we do lunch) with my teacher this morning, which was good. However my foot is still hurting from rehearsal yesterday. Not fun. Crazy me, though, I took night class too, and all on pointe, but it actually doesn't hurt as much now as it did yesterday. Good sign I guess. I had to take class again though because I pretty much won't have a real class now for a week, because they don't give warm-up classes before performances at Albano so I just have to warm myself up. Great.

Ugh, I have SO much to do before I leave Thursday morning. Last minute school stuff and whatnot...off to do some work!

No comments: