Saturday, December 8, 2007

Nut day 3

Today's performance was much much better than the past 2 days.

Luckily we didn't have to be there at the theater until 1pm, so we slept late and went out to breakfast before heading over. Then we just had a matinee show and that was it! It went quite well...I've figured out a nice little rosin routine so I don't fall again. Performing takes some adjusting and it's only after 2 full, long days at the theater can I be totally comfortable with everything. It's always fun, but it's just a bit tense and stressful when the directors stand in the wings and correct you immediately after coming off (even when you have to go right back on in the same dance...). BUT overall it's going well. I love those few moments of peace onstage.

After the show they had this "Sugar Plum Party" where the whole cast stands onstage in all the kids and mothers in the audience make a big long line and come around to us to say hi and get the Sugar Plum's autograph. It was hard to stand there for so long after performing and being exhausted, but it was so cute to see all the kids in their little holiday dresses and stuff! It was like a little Christmas pageant. I remember all my little dresses my mom used to put me in for that kind of thing...so funny.

Tonight we got back to the studio and got dinner, and now we're just sitting relaxing. It's nice to have some time to breathe and not be cramped in a room backstage. Oh, also today was better because some of us snuck into the house to use chairs to warm up before they opened it to the audience. It felt much better to be warmed up (what a concept).

One more show for this weekend (tomorrow matinee) and then back to the city. I feel like I've been here forever! It's been worth it though! And next weekend at Mohegan will be even better, I'm sure. :)

No comments: