Saturday, November 10, 2007

conversations about dance blogs

Recently I posted my thesis proposal on The Winger to get more input from dance bloggers and readers, since my topic concerns dance writing and the shift to the internet. It seemed fitting to publicize my ideas there just to get them out there, but the response was something so amazing!

People genuinely care about this topic, and I'm so excited about that. Dance journalism is not something to be forgotten as it would seem from diminishing coverage in print. Today even the former dance editor of The Village Voice left a comment on the post! It sparked great conversation and I can only hope more discussion will come. This week I have to sit down and make time (which I verrry little of) to write a draft of the thesis paper. It's a ton of work, but I'm so ready to get it all on paper!

On top of that I have writing assignments now for ExploreDance.com. I'm reviewing a couple of performances next week and doing some other articles. Exciting!

Also this week I'm starting my many interviews for my movmnt magazine article, so that should be interesting. I love getting the opportunity to speak to these incredible people! That's why I want to be a writer -- to hear these stories and ideas and get them out there for others to hear. As movmnt's editor reminded me, "As journalists, we are storytellers."

No comments: