Sunday, November 11, 2007

rehearsal in costume

This weekend was nice because I only had to go out to CT for Nutcracker rehearsal today instead of spending the entire weekend out there.

It seemed to pass much faster since I didn't stay over, and rehearsal itself is getting better and better as we get closer. We've officially finished setting everything and are now running through Act II all the way through. It's finally starting to feel like a show, and I'm finally building up stamina to make it through without my calves turning to rocks, haha.

Before we ran Act II today we went through Snow as usual, but we got to do it in costume! We had fittings a few weeks back and the costumes are so pretty, but it's better when we actually wear them to dance. The choreography has several moments where we hold or play with the skirt (it's to the knee) so it was helpful to actually have something to swish around. And it just feels pretty to be sparkly, haha.

I can't believe it: 3 more Sundays until we're onstage! It's going by quickly...can't wait to actually be performing. One of my teachers once said, "The stage is sacred." Performing is living. It is why I dance, and why I breathe.


Okay, that was dramatic. But anyways I have an insanely busy week this week...interviewing people for my momvmnt magazine article, cracking down on my 20 page thesis, starting The Monitor's December issue, reviews of 2 performances for ExploreDance. Oh, where do I even begin...

No comments: