Friday, November 30, 2007

on being interviewed

I was just interviewed for this other ballet website and it was quite amusing.

The interview itself was fine, but I can't help but laugh at myself when I hear myself talking about certain things. For instance: Quesion- You do so much, do you have any kind of a social life? Answer- Ummm no

Okay, it wasn't quite as blunt as that, but I tend to ramble on and on about things and I just crack myself up. I guess that's a good thing...

Also, I hate the fact that I continue to talk about certain things and experiences as if they were so wonderful when in fact that were some of the worst times of my life. No details, but it's hard to denounce certain things in public even though it's true.

Being interviewed myself gave me some insight into what it's like for the people that I interview for MY articles and such. It's like, there are certain things you want to say and touch upon but the questions don't really lend themselves to that, so you find a way to finagle an answer in where it doesn't fit. I'm afraid when you read the transcribed interview it won't make much sense, but it did in my mind, haha. I'm not much of a conversationalist (especially when I'm sick, like now) but it should be a fun read when it comes online in a week or two!

No comments: