Friday, January 9, 2009

Cedar Lake Opening, Performance Club, & other upcoming events

Cedar Lake Dance certainly knows how to throw an opening night.

Last night marked the start of their new winter season at their fantastic home space in Chelsea. I'm reviewing for ExploreDance.com soon, so performance details to come. But it was such a nice night! I met up with fellow bloggers whom I've been out of the loop with because of the Radio City schedule, and it was great to catch up and get the scoop on upcoming performances. We enjoyed people watching and star spotting too (Baryshnikov and Damien Woetzel were there...). Fun.

I'll post my review soon. If you're around you should definitely go.

In fact, if you're free Monday night you should go as part of Claudia's new Performance Club! Tickets are only $10 if you sign up with her, and the group is sure to be a lot of fun. She's planning lots of exciting outings to different performances for the new year, and you really should join in. Really.

As an eager participant I hope to attend their second Performance Club event of the month next week at The Kitchen: The Shipment, a black identity politics work created by a Korean-American.

Also of note is Parsons Dance at The Joyce, which I'll also be doing for ExploreDance soon.

And of course, NYCB started their winter season this week. I'm looking forward to seeing the new Coppelia.

There are a ton more good performances coming up this month. January is not the brightest month of the year, but at least it's good for dance-goers!

No comments: