Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring Dance Season

Apologies for not blogging so much lately...the past week or so has been a bit rough with sickness, insomnia, achilles bursitis, and the list goes on.

Anyway this week there's LOTS of dance events coming up. Spring time in New York is wonderful for dance!

Just a few highlights I hope to be getting to:
-NYCB's season begins tomorrow
-Wednesday is International Dance Day, with lots of events happening here and there
-Thursday there is a film showing of "Out of Focus," about Cedar Lake Dance working with the great Ohad Naharin
-Trisha Brown Dance Company has their season at BAM this weekend
-The New School's spring performance is also this weekend, with choreography by TAKE and others

...plus I have a long lost friend I danced with 5 years ago coming into town later this week. And next week it's already time to re-audition for Radio City (I've never been so at the mercy of my dancing. I NEED to get that job again!). And then next weekend I head home to dance in and help with my mom's studio's recital.

And I've been back again working on the book project, which had temporarily been on hold til recently.

Oh and I have blog posts in the works about "Every Little Step" and "Ailey II" still...

Busy!

No comments: