Friday, April 10, 2009

Upcoming To See...

Wow, this week has been rather insane. I'm heading home to Massachusetts tomorrow night for a brief Easter break and on my bus ride home I'm planning to blog in more detail about everything (thank goodness for buses with wireless internet!).

In the meantime, here are a few interesting dance things to check out in the coming week...

*Everybody Dance Now: 20 Years of Dancing in Print, an exhibit at the AIGA National Design Center that revolves around two dance magazines. Given my background, this is one I'm definitely attending! Runs through May 15.

*RIOULT at the Joyce opens on Tuesday. Their preview rehearsal I went to last week was great. Go!

*Dances Patrelle, run by a former teacher of mine, is celebrating a big anniversary with their season later this month, and on Monday artistic director Francis Patrelle will speak at the Barnes & Noble in Lincoln Cente at 7pm. Marcelo Gomes of ABT and the wonderful Cynthia Gregory are two of the guests joining him. If I wasn't out of town I'd be there in a heartbeat!

*"Every Little Step" is a new documentary film about the making of the recent revival of "A Chorus Line" on Broadway - one of my FAVORITE shows. The film opens in limited release next Friday April 17 (New Yorker's can see it at the Clearview Chelsea on 23rd Street, other cities check their Facebook page here). I actually know one of the auditioning girls interviewed in the trailer, haha.

Trailer here:

Looks good, right?

Anyway, those are some things on my dance calendar I'm hoping to get to...
Happy Good Friday!

No comments: