Thursday, April 23, 2009

YAGP 2009 Winners Announced

For those interested, the winners of the past week's Youth America Grande Prix competition have been announced.

Check it out here.

Didn't get to see any of it this year, but I've had many friends do it in the past and my old studio is a heavy competitor every year.

It's interesting to me that for an "American" competition only about 4 of the 18 top placing winners across juniors, seniors, and pre-competitive division are from the USA. Hm.

--
Bear with me this week...blogging may be slow because I'm having awful migraines from major insomnia issues, haha. Hopefully posts will return to normal after the weekend, when I may get to rest...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with the above comment, maybe it should be called, The International Ballet Competition

BALLET NEWS said...

Hi, sorry I've come to this really late on but I've just done an interview with one of the winners of this competition and came to your blog to find out more. Loved it ! I'm now a follower !!!