Tuesday, December 28, 2010

7 Reasons to Vote for My Blog: #2 - Redesign

As the voting round of Dance Advantage's Reader's Choice Top Dance Blogs 2010 approaches, I thought I'd do a post a day for a week giving you reasons to go ahead and VOTE FOR ME :)


Vote for Off Center
Reason #7: I'm Ancient
Reason #6: No Ads
Reason #5: Community
Reason #4: Writing Quality
Reason #3: Endorsements
Reason #2: Redesign

Image is everything. Since starting the blog 3 years ago I've redesigned a few times to make things more appealing and readable. Back in the day my tagline was "Off Center: the ramblings of a hopeless ballerina." Somehow the pathetic "hopeless" was dropped along the way and now I'm just "a New York dancer and writer." But besides the description, I did a major visual overhaul this summer of both the blog and my website. I *think* it's a lot better than it was.

My tweets and other websites are pretty easily accessible up top, and the archives and tags are all organized on the right. I'm using a lot more photos and videos in my post and have better formatting (though Blogger is still finicky at times...). I removed the gigantic old top banner I used to have with my photo (tacky!) and opted for bright simplicity. I hope it's easily navigable and fun to look at while reading (some other blogs I know are b-o-r-i-n-g). And it coincides with my Twitter and main site, all pink and black and white :)

No comments: