Saturday, December 25, 2010

7 Reasons to Vote for My Blog: #5 - Community

As the voting round of Dance Advantage's Reader's Choice Top Dance Blogs 2010 approaches, I thought I'd do a post a day for a week giving you reasons to go ahead and VOTE FOR ME :)


Vote for Off Center
Reason #7: I'm Ancient
Reason #6: No Ads
Reason #5: Community

There's no doubt that the dance world is small, as is the tight-knit online dance network. As a blogger, dancer, writer, teacher, assistant director, and fan, I really try to be active in our community. I link to fellow dance bloggers frequently and list them to the right. I tweet like crazy and follow/am followed by dance tweeps around the world (Daniil Simkin has me "listed" as a colleague :o ). I edit and put out a monthly e-newsletter with my ballet teacher for 3,000+ subscribers.

In real life, I know and am friends with many fellow NYC dance bloggers in person. I attend many major dance events in the city and do my best to report back on them here or review them for people out of town. I've worked and trained with amazing dancers and friends who are now all over the world, and I try to use those connections to bring interesting outside stories to the blog (like these interviews). And I really work towards spreading the word about our beautiful art form and dance communitity.
(I thought this would be a good one to talk about today since it's Christmas! Merry Christmas to all my friends, fellow bloggers, and readers out there :)

No comments: