Sunday, July 13, 2008

busy weekend

Can you believe it's already the middle of July?!
Where does the time go?

I've had yet another really busy weekend, hence the lack of blog posts. I did get to see Giselle again Friday night (Nina & Jose cast), but since I got student rush only an hour or so before the performance we had HORRIBLE seats. For the first time ever the Met disappointed me...they didn't tell me it was partial view...we were in a box in the balcony but all the way on the left side of the house, so I was watching the shadows of any dancing going on on that side of the stage. I had a better view of the immense sold out audience than of the dancers, haha. I was glad to go again though before their season ended.

That was the highlight of the weekend...the rest has been spent working and taking class and packing.

Tomorrow I'm venturing out to the new Ikea in Brooklyn (via free water taxi :) to check out some stuff for my new apartment...anyone been out there yet? Leaving Manhattan is always an adventure, haha.

Speaking of traveling, I'm going on a mini-vacation this week. As usual, I have just barely a 3 day span of free time to relax, but it is a much needed escape to Myrtle Beach with the family. Not long enough but still looking forward to it.

My apartment lease starts Tuesday and I'm going to finish moving when I get back next weekend. Once I am settled and other things calm down blogging will return to normal...I've been giving that excuse for about a month and a half now, but things really will quiet down in August!

No comments: