Friday, August 1, 2008

no answer yet. on another note...

Still no official decision as of yet. This has been a terribly stressful couple of days.

On another note, last night I was called last minute to be in a little photo shoot for an photography exhibit at Photo Manhattan on Monday night. The photographer is doing a project with all kinds of different artists and wanted a ballet dancer to include, and somehow, being in the right place at the right time, it was me.

I'm usually super against taking dancing pictures, haha. But it was a nice experience and I hope she caught some good shots (needless to say, I'm sore today from trying to hold poses and balances and whatnot). I'll try to link to some if I dare once I get the images, and I'll post exact details of the exhibit when I know.

Pretty much today is the day to work out this leaving New York or not situation. I'm working on it...

4 comments:

kathy with a k said...

Opportunities abound for you! In the midst of a life-changing decision, you're off to a photo-shoot! I'm kind of impressed!

On another note, I was wondering if your unease with dance photo-taking extends to performing, and if that element is making this decision all the more difficult. (ie: putting yourself in a position where you may not feel totally comfortable and confident).
Just a thought. I don't know you at all...so completely disregard if I'm off the mark! :)

Taylor said...

Hi Kathy with a K,
Haha nope, I LOVE performing!
My thing against pictures is because I don't have the best feet etc and I hate seeing myself caught in unattractive positions between movement, haha. I don't even mind watching videos of myself so much, it's just photos...I've always been like that, haha. But no, no fear of performing or anything like that, so that's not an issue with this decision.

More details to come...

kathy with a k said...

Thanks Taylor!
best wishes to you for your birthday (20th?) and all your decision-making. :)

Anonymous said...

just do it. every major ballerina in the world gave up alot -- many times their entire culture, leaving their country, family everyting to dance and many have to learning a new language even -- its just the midwest -- if you don't like it when you get there -- you are not forced to stay. grad school will always be there. so will nyc. so many would take that position for free.