Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Career Transition for Dancers Talks about Blogs

For some reason to felt like I spent the entire time sending thousands and thousands of emails. Do you ever feel like you spend hours and hours at the computer thinking you're getting something accomplished, only to be interrupted by your inbox? That was my day.

Luckily, most of it was good stuff. I received an email from Career Transition for Dancers asking me to participate in a panel discussion on dance blogging as part of their "Career Conversations" program. I'll get more details next week, but it's planned for February 23 from 5:30-7:30pm (though their website says the 26th, so I am awaiting date confirmation) here in the city. Do plan to attend if you're around!

Should be very interesting. I'm excited to talk about something I care very much about - dance, blogging, and dance blogging, haha - but I'm really NOT a public speaker. If you know me, you know I don't talk much in general and am pretty quiet (I write much more, and better, than I speak, haha). But I'm sure it will be fine.

I was honored they asked me to be involved. I interviewed them for an article months ago and they thought of me for this. Often when I get involved in this sort of thing I feel like I'm so not qualified to be an authority on any topic (remember when I was interviewed on MediaBistro as a freelance arts critic? hah!) But I think especially for performers involved in the Career Transition for Dancers organization can definitely benefit from blogging. I hope I have something to share!

ps- definitely check out their website...lots of good resources for dancers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think one of my worst fears is being asked to be part of a panel.