Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Loss of a Fellow Dancer

This morning in a class I don't normally take I found out some sad news.

A fellow dancer, who performed with me as the Sugar Plum Fairy in the Nutcracker I did two years ago, passed away earlier this week.




I didn't really know her personally beyond the two weekends of performances that year, but she was always so energetic and a very strong personality onstage.

The buzz around the studio was that she had had cancer for a long time and that was the cause, but nobody seems to know for sure as far as I could tell.

I can't help but feel a loss, even though I haven't even seen her around class or anything since that Nutcracker. She was rather young and it's scary and sad. The rest of my work in class was a little off after hearing that.

RIP Xiaishan.

No comments: