Sunday, June 1, 2008

student showing a success

Today's student showcase at Ailey was so fun!

We had a HUGE crowd - way more than last time, and WAAAY more than expected. I was in charge of the program and we thought making 200 would suffice for the 60 person cast + audience, but it so didn't. It was crazy! Apparently they had to turn people away because it was a fire hazard to have that many people in the double studio. Crazy.

Tonya came - see her photo post, hehe.

It was really a lot of fun. It felt like a real performance this time, whereas last time it was kind of thrown together and we only had 20 or so audience members. This was great.

I was fairly pleased with my variation (I only had 1/2 an hour of a coaching session this afternoon and the rest was just be learning it on my own...eek) and the pas de deux went quite well. The other dances were fine, too, and the pieces I wasn't in all looked really good. It was a success :)

Long day though...rehearsing before hand alone and then with everyone, plus the show etc...my body is going to need a nice break after the ABT intensive is done, cause I haven't stopped at ALL haha.

Also got called in to do a VERY last minute article for momvnt, so I was trying to contact people for that in between all of this. PLUS a summer online class for school has started. PLUS work.

Have I mentioned that my life is insane?

Have I also mentioned that I thrive off of that?

...If only I had an equal amount of time in the day to sleep, though. Haha.

On to another week at ABT. Going to a few performances this week to review (Cedar Lake, Trinayan Indian dance, ABT) so keep an eye out for some exploredance articles.

2 comments:

tonya said...

You were so great -- your solo was excellent! People around me said so as well! I know, the turnout was amazing. They should definitely have it downstairs in the theater next time. Congratulations!

kathy with a k said...

Of course there was great"turnout"...it's ballet!!
(couldn't resist...!)