Friday, October 3, 2008

my ABT review for Pointe Mag

A while back I was asked to write a review of ABT's full spring season for Pointe Magazine. I found out later that due to space issues in print, my article would appear online. And since it wasn't supposed to be printed until the October/November issue, it just NOW became available online.

Read it here.

While I'm always thrilled for the exposure of my writing no matter what, I don't know if it's the smartest move on the magazine's part to delay reviews like this so much. Being a bi-monthly publication, I imagine it's difficult to find ways to maintain reader interest during the off times (movmnt does this well). All those dance magazines are definitely making an effort with their new video channel, but is waiting 3 months to post a now-outdated review really necessary? It's not just mine...a review of the Kirov from April wasn't posted til August, and so on. I'm just curious what the reasoning is behind this, given the developing nature of the internet and the immediacy of the other bloggers...

On the plus side, the new print issue looks great! It's their higher ed issue, an important one.

No comments: