Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Great Combination

Alexei Ratmansky + Joan Acocella + Cedar Lake's Chelsea studio + The New Yorker = it doesn't get much better than that!


(picture from newyorker.com)

The New Yorker recently announced its schedule for the annual New Yorker Festival Oct. 3-5, 2008 and one of the "Writers and their Subjects" events is a discussion between dance critic Acocella and in-the-hot-seat choreographer Ratmansky! Maybe she'll unveil the mystery of why he's heading to ABT rather than NYCB...? Actually I think he was scheduled as the guest before all this week's drama. Anyway, you can get $25 tickets to the event, which will be held at Cedar Lake's amazing space in Chelsea, here.

Other New Yorker Festival events sound exiting also, with many a big name visiting and many a great writer speaking. I got my ticket to the Ratmansky talk, but another one I would love to attend is the Cartoon Caption Contest Game with my former intern bosses! I'm going to see Christopher Wheeldon's company that night, otherwise I'd be there!

Many of the festival events are taking place at Cedar Lake and also at the Ailey Citigroup Theater, so if you're in the dance neighborhood check it out!

No comments: