Friday, November 7, 2008

Xmas: Open for Previews!

Yay!

Today was our first official open "preview" performance...our first paying audience. We had two shows (11am and 2pm) and I am just about DEAD right now, haha, but it was so fun.

11am felt EARLY to be getting into pointe shoes and that bear head, but that's going to feel late compared to the 9am shows we have coming in December! Once we got past Nutcracker, which is our first piece in the show, I was wide awake and ready to go, haha. The show went smoothly.

I didn't know exactly how much free time we'd have in between shows until we actually did it today, but it was just the right amount of time. They started having catering down in the basement cafeteria, so we had a chance to grab a quick (cheap!) lunch without having to change or take off layers of makeup to go outside. It was nice to just sit for a bit during the break...not too long but just long enough to feel refreshed for show 2.

The second show went well, too - although my arm muscles were burning (and still are) by the end of Santas from doing it yet again in that heavy suit. I'll feel that tomorrow!

It was amazing, though. I'm so happy, if I haven't mentioned that, haha.

Tired as I am, I'm still crazy and I'm off to take ballet class tonight! As soon as it's over I must crash and get up for a 10am show tomorrow. Yay

No comments: