Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Xmas Tech Day 9: A Real Run

First of all, YAY OBAMA!!!!
---

Today we finally went through a full run through in real time, in costume. However we DID stop once because they had problems with the tour bus they use onstage, so our first real nonstop time will be tomorrow with an audience for dress rehearsal.

But overall our run went well. Some of my hats still like to fall off but everything is being worked out. It felt great to run everything for real. And today we had the full orchestra for the first time. They're great! I had yet another flashback to my first Nutcracker show in Boston when I was little and would hear the orchestra warming up in the halls backstage. It's a comforting sound somehow.

We watched the run through of the other cast after dinner and this time we sat up in the first mezzanine. What a great view from up there! It really is a wonderful show. I sit and watch and it's like, oh my god, I can't believe I'm actually a part of this and I actually do that too! It looks like such fun. And it is.

Tomorrow we have a real audience (of invited friends and family) for our dress rehearsal. Before that we have "animal orientation" haha, where we get to know the sheep, camels, and donkeys used in the nativity scene! It's very exciting!

No comments: