Sunday, March 15, 2009

"The Woman" at Columbia Stages

I don't venture out to see non-dance performances nearly as much as I should/would like to.

Last night I went uptown to see a friend perform in "The Woman" at Columbia Stages as part of an MFA directing thesis production. What a good show! The story revolved around the Greek and Trojan war, which I expected not to pique my interest. I was pleasantly surprised to find a very engaging, original story that evokes great emotion and even greater acting. I must say I was impressed - even though I'm slightly biased (you were great Alice! :).

(headshots of the actors)

This show ended last night, but if you get a chance to go see more work up there I'd recommend it. The program shows that "The Threepenny Opera" plays April 1-4, and even more interesting is the "New Voices New Play Festival," (April 15-26) which includes ten 60-minute plays featuring Columbia's MFA playwrighting class of 2009. Go!

No comments: