Monday, April 20, 2009

Videos from TAKE Dance Intensive

TAKE Dance Company just posted videos of their Winter Intensive that I participated in back in January.

Their full youTube site is here, with clips of TAKE's work.

This first video was taken during class one morning during the intensive. Ok, I had to watch this 3 times to figure out where I am in it, haha. No wonder I often have the power of invisibility! Seriously, I watched it the first two times remembering being there, doing that combination, seeing a camera on in the corner - but I couldn't for the life of me remember what I might have been wearing, how bad or good I was at this, or what group I might have gone with, haha. It doesn't help that the video quality is less than perfect but...

I'm pretty sure that's me in all black starting the combination around 2:37 in the very back, haha.



This one is a mish-mash of our little performance at the end. It's cool the way they spliced the pieces together, since we did the same 8-minute piece over and over again with all the casts. It was only a bit easier to find myself this time - since I was wearing a bright purple leotard, haha. Though some parts seem to be from another rehearsal.

If you care to search for my brief clips, I'm at:
1:00 on the right
4:15 on the left (kind of hidden by the other girl, haha)
6:39 on the right



Also FYI the company has a summer intensive in the works tentatively set for:

August 17-23, 2009
12:00-5:00
Location: Morocco Studio
6 West 20th Street (between 5th & 6th Avenue)
 2nd Floor New York, NY 10011


I hope I'll be able to end after learning so much at the winter intensive!

No comments: