Tuesday, December 4, 2007

i love my job

I had the best day at work (internship) today!

What started off boring, me entering business card addresses into the magazine's contact list, turned out to be such a fun day! After lunch I was invited to a press event with my bosses for this big craft show that's coming up in January (I'm in the home and crafts department) and they had a preview of the different vendors and stuff in this loft space.

It was sooo fun. What they do for that kind of thing is demonstrate their craft products by doing "make and takes," where you actually DO the craft right there at their table. It was like those old school craft fairs like with sand art (there was no sand art here, but that's what it reminded me of) but it was all free! I made a t-shirt with iron on things, a little birthday box filled with candy (who's bday is coming up?), a yarn pom pom, and these great wall decorations. And since we went towards the end of the day all the vendors were packing up as we ate our free brownies and they didn't want to carry all their products home on planes so they gave us all kinds of extra samples! Swag is the reason to go into magazines, if nothing else. Hahaha.

Heading back to the office with 4 of us carrying 3 bags of crafts each was quite amusing. It was lots of fun and I got some cute things to do once the semester is over and I can (briefly before January term starts) have a life again.

One more day til I head out to Hartford for Nutcracker! Lots of packing and papers to write before I go...

No comments: