Wednesday, December 5, 2007

mild annoyance at education



Okay, I try really really hard not to let certain things get to me and to avoid taking out frustrations via blog, but in my insomnia-procrastination tonight I saw this in a big ad in the new Pointe Mag and had to share...

How many PERSPECTIVE students will want to attend the Rock School Academic Program Alliance's unique college prep program when they cannot even spell or use basic grammar?! Usually it's PROSPECTIVE (not PER) who attend such fabulous schools.

I'm allowed to comment because I am an alumni, and despite their misleading self-representation in this writing, I did learn a thing or two about grammar.

Seeing that I'm currently taking a grad level copyediting class than ingrains these kinds of writing rules in my mind, I saw their huge (expensive) cardboard ad and saw that mistake and it just really really really irked me. Especially since the error is in the part where they're promoting the "educational" side of things.

I do apologize for the annoying tone, but it's hard to be proud of something or someplace when things like this come up.

No comments: