Thursday, October 25, 2007

Beginnings...(Winger cross-post)

In case you haven't been keeping up, The Winger and the new dance social networking site, THE INTER MISSION, have been starting some very interesting conversations about dance. It's so wonderful how these topics are finally finding a place to be discussed effectively.

Anyways, one that I found amusing tonight was this question: How did you first discover dance?

Kind of relates to one of my previous posts. Here was my brief reply (if I had time I would write a book about my beginning):

-----
My family actually owns a local studio in our small town back home, and I started there practically when I was born! My grandmother, aunt, and mom used to run it (now just my mom) and I was at the barre in ballet class with 8 year olds when I was, like, 3! I don't know what my family was thinking (haha) but that was the beginning to my inevitable future.

It wasn't really until I started at Boston Ballet when I was 7 (after seeing Nutcracker and being absolutely stunned) that I could really appreciate dance and start to understand the world around it. This was my first "real" dance class, and I was in love with the music and the movement.

It's fun to reminsce....
I would be the little chubby one on the end on the right hahaha


-----

I'd love to hear how everyone else discovered dance...I want to start making this blog more interactive (so post comments please!!) since I've recently upped my page views...

No comments: