Wednesday, October 3, 2007

New Dance Group Teacher's Showcase


This Friday night is the Teacher's Showcase I'm performing in at New Dance Group (Oct. 5, 8pm, $5 tix at door).

I'm in a ballet piece by Irene Kent, with 6 other dancers. We had dress rehearsal today, which went well. We had it videotaped and they are supposed to film the performance as well, so maybe next week or so I can get it up online. We'll see.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to performing. It's been a few months since I've been onstage and even though this is a pretty small, low-key scenario, I'm glad to have the opportunity to be in front of an audience.

You know the cliche "live every day as if it's your last"?

Well I live by: "Dance every performance as if it's your last."

I am so grateful for every chance I get to dance, whatever it may be, and I'm afraid some people take that for granted.

No comments: