Tuesday, October 16, 2007

one school, two opinions a world apart

Recently I came in contact with someone who now attends a place (that shall remain nameless) where I used to dance that I do not hold to much esteem anymore.

She is a bit younger than me, but knows many of the same people I knew from said place. Obviously she is working with most of the same teachers I worked with. Yet, in discussing this place, we have 2 drastically different opinions on our experiences.

I tend to keep my (rather harsh) opinions of some things to myself (and my very close friends who put up with and/or share my complaints) because I know that not everyone agrees with me, but I do have justifcations for my opinions. I'm not going into detail here, but it's really difficult for me to imagine this place in the light that my new-found friend describes it in.

In place of my descriptions (that shall not be mentioned) she uses words like "loving." Not once in the long long time I spent there did I feel a "loving" quality. Quite the opposite, actually. And she is "lucky" to be there. I was "lucky" to leave.

How can one place provide such vastly different experiences for people? I have to wonder.

When the time is right I will share my honest opinions (and reasons). Nevermind that just now.

No comments: