Wednesday, October 24, 2007

benefit performance

Tonight was the big benefit performance for the Tyler Dunne Foundation, with many of my friends and classmates (and teacher!) dancing in the show.

I was planning to help backstage but they didn't really need me. I ended up just watching dress rehearsal and then the actual performance. It was kind of a variety show of a bunch of different acts - ballet, jazz, modern, singing, musical theater....the works. Very entertaining. Everyone did beautifully! The audience (laregly made up of people from class) was definitely happy, and honestly it felt like a family, seeing so many familiar faces showing support to classmates.

Kat got a well-deserved standing ovation, of course. I was amazed. She looked like she was enjoying herself so much. Royce too!

The closing number was Jailhouse Rock (the one most people I know were in) and it was so cute! It was like ballet vs. musical theater. It looked like a blast!

I so would have loved to perform...it just didn't work out. Lately it's quite hard for me to sit and watch performances because I want to be up there! But I was so happy for everyone who was onstage. Congrats everyone!!! :)
---

This has been a tough week for various reasons...midterms, etc...I really just want the rest of the semester to fly by immediately. I'm ready for it all to be over.

Another set of my words to live by: what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

No comments: