Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Off Center is On Again!

After a 9-month blogging hiatus, I'm back!

It's been a busy 9 months of dancing with very little time for writing or blogging - which is good and bad. Around this point last year I was asked to be followed by New York Times dance critic Claudia La Rocco for what would be almost a year of freelance dancing. Knowing I had someone else scrawling my life down for a while, I figured I had a justifiable reason for my blogging break.

That prospective article turned into a full page New York Times Sunday Arts & Leisure section portrait, with an accompanying slideshow and audio interview online.

Now that that excitement has worn off and reality has set back in, it's time to get back to business. I'm hoping to bring the blog back even better this time, with more snippets from my life, reviews and previews of NYC performances, interviews with fellow dancers, and so on. And you'll always find my Twitter updates to the left (which I have been keeping up with).

I'm guaranteed to have the time now because, sadly, I'm having surgery on my aching achilles next week. With 3 months of recovery away from my busy dancing schedule, I'm planning to shift my focus back to writing for a bit. So...read on! :)

No comments: