Tuesday, February 26, 2008

massage!

Oh my goodness, I got a massage this morning and it was SO good.

As a dancer it's really best if you go for a massage often to keep your muscles loose and healthy and everything, but time and money don't always allow for frequent visits...I haven't been in farrr too long and given my foot issues I thought it was time.

He spent like 45 minutes on my one calf on the bad foot side. It was so painful...I'm hoping with muscles loosening up though maybe some of the dancing pain will go away? I don't know if that's directly related to bursitis, but it can't hurt right?

Before and after class I try to stretch and work through muscles that hurt or feel tight, but it's so hard to target the specific places on yourself. Tennis balls and foam rollers are dancers' best friends, but they don't reach every specific tight spot.

Anyways, I'm glad I finally went. I'm kind of more sore now than I was when I went in though, haha. Oh well.

Tonight I'm going to a dance and technology blogging seminar thing hosted by Doug of GreatDance. Should be interesting.

No comments: