Saturday, January 5, 2008

back to the rehearsal routine

Having a cold has slowed me down for a few days so there hasn't been much to blog about...just some little things that have come up...

Last night we 'officially' started rehearsing for our little student showcase thing in February. It's just in a studio and it's nothing fancy, but it's fun. We started learning the waltz from Swan Lake as a group, and, if all goes as planned, I'll be learning the Rose Adagio from Sleeping Beauty. It is one of my absolute favorite favorite pas de deuxs (well, she has 4 partners throughout the dance...) since I first saw it from sitting onstage as a Garland Child in Boston Ballet's production of it back in the day (2001 I think?). The part where Aurora balances and promenades in attitude with each of the princes has stuck in my mind all these years...

Anyways, it's nice to be in the rehearsal process again after a few weeks off post-Nutcracker season. And this Friday I start a bit with Rebecca Kelly Ballet, so I have to learn some choreography from a video to prep for those rehearsals...

Other than that, not much going on. I've finally started to get some alumni news from people for the studio newsletter I'm working on. It's nice to hear from people and see what's up after 6 months (ish) apart.

I've got a pretty busy week coming up, between finishing my Q&S Magazine internship, starting at The New Yorker, starting to work with Rebecca Kelly, going to a dance bloggers-only performance of Cedar Lake, and some other stuff. Updates to come :)

No comments: