Wednesday, January 2, 2008

studio newsletter & headshots

Finally life is picking up after the holidays. I guess vacation is good, but I think I prefer real life (even though I'm getting a cold yet again...). Two things new today.

First, one of my new projects for 2008 started: taking over the studio newsletter of my old school, Ballet Academy East. I went up there for the first time since August (!) to meet with the director to plan it out and it should be fun. We're shooting to get an issue done by March, and it's more or less the same work I've done for Rock's newsletter and Marymount's newspaper, too.

A lot of what needs to be done for it is to get in touch with alumni for the news section, so this will force me to be better at keeping in touch with people. Usually I stay in touch easily with people from my past, but the past few months have been so insane that I really haven't been able to. I guess this project will make me jump back into that world again...

On another note, my big article for movemnt comes out in a month and they asked me to be on their 'contributors' page as well, so I sent them a bio but they needed a headshot as well. The last (and only) time I got professional headshots done was when I graduated from Rock in '05 and even though I still look like I'm 16 (or younger), I don't look exactly the same as I did then. And all of my recent pictures were too small for print, so I did some new (not professional) headshots tonight. The outtakes are below, for a laugh.

Back to real life after the holidays tomorrow: second to last day of my internship at Q&S Magazine and the start of the January session of school. It's my last 'first day' of college. And I graduate 3 weeks from tomorrow.



No comments: