Saturday, January 12, 2008

Parsons & rehearsals

Today was another looong day, as always.

I had another set of rehearsals with Rebecca Kelly, this time with the whole company. The piece we did yesterday that I had learned from the video I know pretty well, but today they went through 3 or 4 other dances that I'm clueless about! It's great choreography and all her older dancers know it all, so it was basically just for them to go over it and get it back in their bodies for Monday's APAP showcase...so me and the other 2 new dancers hung in the back mostly. I felt bad that they had to stop and teach us some of the combinations and such, but it's definitely a challenge trying to follow along! Let's put it this way - I'm glad I'm just understudying for now and I don't have the pressure of performing after just these rehearsals.

After 3 hours of that my brain was quite fried, but I still took class all afternoon. It was decent.

Then tonight I went to see Parsons Dance to review for Explore Dance. Some of it was really really good, and some of it was really really not. Real review to come on Explore Dance soon.

I'm super tired tonight...I'm going through one of those phases where I dance more hours than I sleep. And last time I did that I pretty much got burnt out. Luckily it's only for a few more days...though I'm so grateful for the opportunity to understudy!

PS- Welcome new readers from The Winger! Feel free to go through the blog archives to catch up...a ton of stuff is going on...

No comments: