Tuesday, January 15, 2008

NYCB reception & R+J

Tonight I had the priveledge of attending the Society in C reception at New York City Ballet's performance of Romeo & Juliet. I'm reviewing it for ExploreDance (will post real review soon) and got to go with Robert and my friend Yasmine.

What a nice night. I'm not great at the whole mix and mingling thing, but it was nice to be around other dance supporters and everything. In the last few weeks I've come across a whole new range of people interested in dance and it's so nice to see that! Some of the dancers were at the party too, including Daniel Ulbricht (who taught class once as a guest at BAE...) who spoke about behind the scenes stuff a bit.

The performance itself was good. The dancing was beautiful, of course, but I really wasn't a fan of the costumes.

I'll leave it at that for now...full review to come in a day or two, plus photo of us at the reception. I love being able to have the opportunity to go to these kinds of things!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Taylor, It sounds like a nice evening. Looking forward to the full review!

Taylor said...

Yeah, it was really great! Review should be on ExploreDance maybe by the weekend...haven't actually had a chance to write it yet...haha