Tuesday, March 4, 2008

irony of life

So very last minute a few days ago, I made plans to go visit two of my best friends whom I haven't seen in months, in Salt Lake City. Next weekend happens to be completely free of plans, which is rare, so I decided to take the opportunity while it's here and book my flight. It also happens to be one of said friend's birthday on Monday, so I thought it would be perfect.

Then today I get an email from the director of the contemporary company I was working with a bit back in January, saying that she needs an understudy immediately because a dancer got a stress fracture in her foot and needs to be replaced. She asked if I would come, and rehearsals start next Monday.

I am THRILLED - but of course it comes during my first "vacation" in like 8 years, haha. Luckily she said I can come starting Tuesday, so it all works out. I just find the irony of life amusing sometimes.

I'm excited to cover the part though...it's for a performance in April, and she may have one of the company members available to actually do it, but I'm glad at least I can go learn and everything.

Anyway, that's today's news. I'm looking forward to my little getaway...I leave Friday, so there may be a lack of posts over the weekend. But forgive me, I REALLY need a break, haha. And it's only a short time.

Choreographing tomorrow for those high school kids...better get prepared...

No comments: