Tuesday, April 8, 2008

interviews...i'll ask the questions

Today I did another phone interview for the same article I was working on yesterday...and I myself was interviewed for an article in my college paper, where I was Features Editor before I graduated.

I have to say, it's nice to be asked to be interviewed and to be quoted in print and all, but I really prefer ASKING questions and listening quietly rather than rambling on uncomfortably, haha. I'm no conversationalist and it's not like I was asked rocket science questions, but I get all tongue tied when put on the spot. You'd think as a writer I'd be able to swiftly come up with beautiful prose to run off when asked questions I know the answers to inside and out - how I graduated so fast, what I've been doing since finishing college, advice for future grads, etc - but somehow I couldn't find the words today. I'm sure when it's printed I'll regret my verbal stupidity, haha. Oh well, what can you do. I guess it wasn't THAT bad.

I spent the rest of the day at The New Yorker. That's all going really well...they're putting together a book with all the cartoon caption contests from the past 3 years and I'm helping a lot with that, so that's exciting. Fun stuff.

I'm so behind on my own work, though. Being sick last week put me in slow motion and now I'm fighting to catch up with articles and papers for school and the like. So much to do and so little time.

No comments: