Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Miami City Ballet in NY

This weekend Miami City Ballet is performing on Long Island. I so would love to go see them but my weekend is already jam packed with performance-going, so I can't make it...

Take a look at this Newsday feature on MCB principal Jennifer Kronenberg by Apollinaire. Jennifer is absolutely gorgeous and amazing! When I went to MCB for their summer intensive a few years ago (2004? wow, a lifetime ago it seems!) she was my level's main teach and she staged the friends dance from Copelia on us, and I (and another girl) got to do Swanhilda. It was so wonderful working with her...she's an incredible dancer and she is so sweet! And a great teacher. I would love to see her perform...those of you who are going to their Long Island performance, let me know how it goes. They're doing Twyla Tharp's "In the Upper Room" which is an amazing piece I saw ABT do a while ago. Should be a great performance.

No comments: