Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First White House Dance Event


Really sorry I missed the live stream of this (couldn't they have let me watch in the hospital yesterday? Haha). Dancers from Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, New York City Ballet, Paul Taylor Dance Company, and The Washington Ballet performed at The White House hosted by Michelle Obama.

This must've been so exciting for all who danced. Last winter just around Christmas week the Obamas had a small group of Rockettes perform for them privately and it was SO thrilling for our entire show! It was a first for them. I was a little disappointed they didn't want a ballerina bear to grace their presence, too. Haha!

It's nice that they honored Judith Jamison. Because I'm always taking class at Ailey I see her in passing on occasion and she is so statuesque. Actually the day I went to the Ailey PR office to see my Times article for the first time in print I ran into her, literally. I look like a student in the school and I was on the office floor where they're not allowed so she was like, "What are you doing up here?" but friendly. I explained who I was there to see and she let me in. Haha that's my big Judith Jamison story. It was the icing on the cake at the time.

Watch the archived video above :)

Official White House Photo by Chuck Kennedy, take from here

No comments: