Wednesday, September 22, 2010

If you haven't visited Stage Door Connections yet...


you MUST check it out if you're a dancer in New York City!

They have so many one-of-a-kind learning opportunities that are great to take advantage of if you're an auditioning dancer. One that I really badly want to do while I'm injured is their 6 week course "The Dancer's Voice," which gives dancers with little vocal training (ahem, myself...) the guidance they need to prepare for the singing part of dance auditions. I desperately need this kind of preparation if I want to get back to big auditions in January...I've always avoided auditions that say "you may be asked to stay in sing" because I am so shy and unprepared. But I have no more time to waste...

It's sort of expensive, so I may not get to do it this round...

But they DO have tons of affordable master classes that are EXCELLENT! I took a class with awesome Broadway choreographer Andy Blankenbeuhler a few months ago (wow, he's intense! And amazing.) and this summer I took a Tharp class with a cast member from "Come Fly Away," which was sooo fun!

Check out their upcoming seminars here. There's one for "A Chorus Line" (one of my favorite Broadway shows ever!) and a new Fosse class! OH how badly I want to go...they better do these ones again when I am healthy!

No comments: