Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remembering 9/11

Every year this day reminds me of how much I have to appreciate, and how much I love my city.

There's not much to say...words still can't express what we lost that day or what we've gained since then. I can't believe 9 years have passed...

From a blog entry I posted 2 years ago today:

"I remember being in French class that morning, in 8th grade. They turned on the television in the classroom and my math teacher came in and told us something had happened in New York City. Oh no, I remember thinking, my beloved city. I had been here exactly one week before the planes hit the towers at an agent's call audition for Clara at Radio City. One week before. And I remember not understanding the magnitude of the attacks until my mom picked me up from Dunkin Donuts next to school that afternoon. The first thing she said was, "Are you very upset by what happened?" It didn't occur to me until then how terrible this was.

That morning my French teacher told us we'd always remember where we were when this happened. This was a horrible event that would go down in history. And I certainly haven't forgotten.

My thoughts are out to the September 11th victims and their families tonight."

No comments: