Monday, September 13, 2010

Recovery: Days 5 & 6

I feel like all I've done since I've been home is eat. Hah!

Yesterday I was on the couch most all of the day and my mom made homemade meatballs and tomato sauce. And I ate. Then today I went to my grandmother's house and had...even better homemade tomato basil sauce and pasta. And I ate. So good but I'm going to get back to New York as a big Italian cow, haha.

Anyways not much happening on the recovery front. I'm mostly off the painkillers except at night. Somehow I'm completely fine during the day, not feeling the foot at all except a little when I do stairs and have to put a little bit of weight on it. But at night it's excruciating. Maybe because I'm laying completely flat? I wake up every hour or so and have to just drop my leg off the side of the bed to get the blood back in and the pain right out. No fun.

I'm getting better on the crutches though, and this morning I finally forced myself to learn how to go DOWN stairs. I've been just sliding on my butt in the morning and then avoiding going back up til nighttime. But I've found a technique with the banister and just one crutch, haha. Let's hope I never have to carry anything too much/too heavy in NYC though...

Tomorrow I have to make plans to get back to the city this weekend...I'm hoping to catch a bus Friday so I can be back for some things this weekend...we'll see!

I spent tonight watching classes at my mom's dance studio, which is always fun. It's so refreshing to return there to see students who just dance because they're having fun. I really wanted to get up and join in (and did during the floor stuff and abs section...). It's hard to sit still!

No comments: