Friday, September 10, 2010

'Going the Distance' but Not Enough

I can't say I'm turning into a movie critic - mostly because my taste in film is very specific and, um, narrow. Haha if you're not a classy musical or an unrealistic romantic comedy, I won't have it :)

But since I have time to see more movies while recovering I may as well share my opinions.

Yesterday I hobbled out to see "Going the Distance" with Drew Barrymore and Justin Long. This was one I was really looking forward to after seeing the poster and previews. Somehow any semi-sweet film taking place in New York City automatically looks promising (in my book, anyway). But...it didn't quite go as far as I wanted it to.

Read the Times review and synopsis here. They liked it better than I did.

I'd give it 3 of 5 stars.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you see me as an extra in the club scene?
I just assumed this movie would be bad cause it is Drew Barrymore and Justin Long and all I will be thinkin about are his Mac commercials.